In the lead up to and during the rally itself, we produce high quality photo and video content that we can provide to media outlets to help cover the rally. On the rally we use satellite phones for call in interviews.
Please click here to see a summary of recent media coverage.
For PR enquiries contact Michelle Prak
Phone: 0409 964 331
Prakky is the official PR partner for the rally.
In 2016, Mystery Box was the adventure of a lifetime for 300 people from all across Australia on the fourth year of Mystery Box. The journey drove 150 teams in convoy to secret locations across South Australia, all in the name of a good cause. Five days of adventure through incredible landscapes, dirt roads and majestic small towns brought the teams from Adelaide to Wudinna, Kingoonya, William Creek and Blinman then back to Adelaide.
Due to the very unique concept and incredible visual appeal of the event, Mystery Box rally has received a significant amount of media exposure.
This year the reach has increased exponentially with the 2016 Mystery Box reaching over 1,452,419 people nationally through editorial media exposure , with an additional reach of 1,858,470 people through event listings!
Metropolitan and regional towns and cities supported the rally nationally by providing exposure through radio interviews and on-air mentions, and numerous print and online media articles.
Some of the highlights of the 2016 media campaign include:
- Radio: 17 metro and regional interviews with a listeners of over 355,545 on ABC Adelaide, ABC Northern Tasmania and 7HOFM
- Print: 21 articles in metro and regional papers across Australia with a total circulation of 831,979 and readers of over 1,715,942 in The Advertiser, SA LIFE and Manly Daily. Also 2 print articles are secured to run in Take 5! and SA LIFE with a total circulation of 153,514 and readers of 554,750.
- OnLine and Social Media: 225 articles and posts were generated online, with a total potential audience of over 12,434,817 on Escape, The Carousel and Newcastle Herald. An additional online article has been secured to run on Yahoo Be Travel with a monthly audience of 1,600,00.
- Interactive social media networks across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr and Instagram
- Facebook had 1835 likes by the end of Mystery Box 2016, that's up by 197 on last year & the total number of impressions by then were 195,877. Also combined posts reached 108,574, total impressions on posts were 92,455, clicks on posts were 10,363 & the total number of likes/comments/shares were 15,265.
This exposure engaged not only industry but also consumer press and covered the entire campaign, helping us to raise over $830,000 for cancer research.
Companies can get behind the rally to benefit from its exposure and media coverage in a couple of different ways.
- Sponsor one of the rally teams. This will give you a logo position on their car and on the Mystery Box Rally sponsors page in the website. You can make a donation with this sponsorship that will go to that teams total fundraising amount.
- Sponsor the overall rally. This can provide you with branding on all vehicles in the rally, higher profile branding on the website, social media announcements, PR announcements, branding on our videos and photos, promotional events during the rally and product placement. We will work with you to come up with a package that best fits with your brand and the rally. We will work with you to produce a package tailored to suit YOU, YOUR brand and YOUR Company.